You probably feel guilty throwing away old calendars with glossy, crisp, and beautiful colored images. And if like some of us, you keep them in a drawer somewhere instead of throwing them away because you don’t know what to do with them yet, you will love this DIY project. Instead of buying gift tags, why not turn old calendars with gorgeous images into handmade gift tags? It’s so simple and easy to do, you’ll wonder why you never thought of it before.
- Old calendar
- Card stocks (any color)
- General purpose spray adhesive
- Cutter or retractable razor knife
- Hole puncher
- Choose the images you would like to use from the calendar. Pair each image with the color of card stock you prefer on the other side. If needed, cut the card stock to match the size of the image.
- Stick the card stocks to the back of the images using a spray adhesive. Unlike ordinary glue, a spray adhesive doesn’t cause streaks and wrinkles on paper. Press the image down firmly and leave for a minute or two for the adhesive to set.
- Using a ruler and a cutter, cut the image into gift tag sizes. The size used below is 2-3/4″ x 1-1/2″. If you prefer a gift card that folds in half, you can cut the images into 2-3/4″ x 3″ sizes.
- Punch a single hole at the center of one side of the tags using a hole puncher. That’s about it! All you need to do is to choose the type and color of ribbon or string to put through the tag when you’re going to use it.
Idea from: Lovely Greens